STEP 1. HOW TO FIND BEST PRICE ON AIR TICKETS
3. Use HipMunk for easy comparison of flights by length, layover, departure and arrival – to make your final decision.
4. Check with airline’s website and book directly with them whenever possible, as it will be cheaper and easier if anything needs to be changed or cancelled (see “After booking” section), plus some give bonuses (Alaska gives extra 1000 miles for booking at their website and using Alaska air card)
5. Use Airline fee charts to see bag fees and limits, include this into your total ticket price.
STEP 2. DURING BOOKING
1. Check best seats on the airplane – use SeatGuru and then select your preferred seats.
2. Use cashback sites such as TopCashback to earn extra bonus 2-15%.
3. Make sure to enter your air mileage account number to receive miles for your flight. Note that many airlines allow you to earn miles on their partners (see our airline miles page)
STEP 3. AFTER BOOKING
1. Use Yapta to get alerts when price falls below what you paid, and get refund (many companies will offer certificate instead of refund). But your reservation has to be directly booked with airline and not through travel agents.
2. Use Experflyer free account to get alerts when better seats are available.
3. Use TripIt to keep track of all your travel reservations in one place, easily accessible from mobile phone.
4. Use Expensify to track your travel spending.
OPTIONAL HELPFUL INFORMATION
Use Citicards online shopping mall to get 1% additional for EXPEDIA flights
Help with airport maps travelnerd.com
All Ferry routes and prices neatly presented and easy to track
Cheap Business class to France http://www.flyopenskies.com
Here are some other site you might want to check that are not in available in booking buddy:
For US domestic flights: Trabber
For Russia check Transaero